Space To Learn Scholarship
The Space to Learn Scholarship is an annual award in the amount of $2,000 that is given to six awardees either children or grandchildren of active team members, pursuing STEM related field of study. Applications will be considered within the announced period in which they are received.
- Demonstrated superior academic achievement, character, citizenship, loyalty, integrity, participation in extracurricular activities, and a reference from academic, professional, or business associates.
- The program is open to children, stepchildren, and grandchildren of full-time and part-time team members.
- To be eligible for an award, dependent children/grandchildren must:
- Be between the ages of 16 and 25
- Be enrolled in or have been accepted for enrollment in an undergraduate STEM degree program at an accredited two-year or four-year college, university, or vocational-technical school in the United States for the entire upcoming academic year.
- High school senior with a 3.5 or above GPA OR a freshman or a sophomore undergraduate student with a 3.5 or above GPA
- Awards are one time only and past recipients may not reapply.
- Non-recipients may reapply to the program each year they meet eligibility requirements.
Please note that due to IRS regulations, the scholarship award amount will be reported as income on the LinQuest team members W-2 (Wage and Tax Statement) and is subject to tax withholding by LinQuest. LinQuest will gross up the scholarship award. Award recipients will not be taxed.
How to Apply
To be eligible for the scholarship, the following must be submitted:
- Completed LinQuest Scholarship application.
- School transcripts with your name, school name and address, and cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- List of extra-curricular activities (charity, non-profit, etc) to include accumulated hours during high school/college years.
- A recommendation letter from a teacher, community leader or employer that attests to students’ character, drive, and passion to learn and grow. Please note this individual must be a non-relative.
- Essay not to exceed 2 pages (double spaced) demonstrating a commitment to and passion for chosen field of study and what would receiving this scholarship award mean to you.
- A copy of your acceptance letter from the institution you wish to attend.
2022 Scholarship payments will be sent on August 1, 2022.
This scholarship will be open for 2023 with the following schedule.
Online application opens
Online application due by 11:59 pm EST
Scholarship recipient(s) notified
Scholarship payments sent to recipient; Check made out to College/University
Payment is made in one installment in August. The checks are made out to the institution on behalf of the student and are mailed to the student address on file or mailed directly to university (student can identify which they prefer).